Friday, September 17, 2010

Attempting to Be Crafty..

So, my Father's 60th birthday is coming up!! We are throwing a small get together for him in a couple of weeks..as I posted on my other blog, the theme of the party is construction. Here is a picture of the invites


I ordered these cupcake wrappers and intend to make carrot spiced cupcakes..(Dad's favorite!) When my Mother was in town last week we took a trip over to Michaels and snatched up ten bright yellow t-shirts! We plan to have my Father wear one that says "I'm Dean" on the front... and "Minor leaks, few repairs!" saying on the back.  Take a look at the picture below.. I wanted to incorporate the invite with the t-shirts. I had to add the "Est. 1950" his birthdate! We got the idea from another party..tons of people kept coming up and asking who was "Dan!?" It definitely created a lot of fun attention!
We chose nine other people who would be willing to throw on a t-shirt that says.. "Not Dean." It took me all day to figure out how to print  the wording in a "mirrored" effect. It was incredibly frustrating but was soo super happy when I figured it out all by myself :) My printer has "iron on sheet" as an option... So simple..yet soo difficult!


I picked up a packet of these iron on sheets at Michaels.. about eight dollars.. not bad. Oh and the shirts were 2 for $6.00!!


All the shirts are ironed...and ready for the wording..hopefully tomorrow I will be able to tackle this crafty project! My Father has absolutely no idea that I am flying into town.. 
I hope we can keep my visit a surprise :) 

2 comments:

  1. I really like the invites & the shirt idea! Very cute. :) I'm sure the party will turn out wonderfully. I want to organize some kind of Halloween party, but I'm worried that with moving and getting settled in it'd be too much for one month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, I won't tell him that you've come into town for a certain someone's wedding, too! :) I want to hear all about the party.

    ReplyDelete