Thursday, December 1, 2011

Gender Reveal Party Details!

Here are some fun details and pictures from our amazing night with family and friends!

We only invited our parents, grandparents, siblings and close friends! Appetizers to start and a lasagna dinner to follow! It was held the night before Thanksgiving, so I figured an Italian meal would be perfect!  Oh gosh, where do we begin!

Remember these cute invites?
Click over here to see an earlier post on my inspiration for the party!


Lets get to details! My Grandmother helped sew together a long table runner...I loved the bright orange polka-dot material I found at the fabric store! I snatched up some yellow flowers at the grocery store... very easy and affordable! We already had the vases..



The appetizer table was put together using all of my "cravings" so far in the pregnancy! My personal favorite..are the macaroni and cheese cups! yum  yum! I didn't put too much out because we were serving such a filling dinner!

I snatched up the tiny cups over at Shop Sweet Lulu. I look forward to ordering more in the future from them! Great company!

I found two tiny pinwheels at Hobby Lobby..my Nephews loved taking something home with them! They added that cute factor on the table!


Pineapple and canteloupe skewers! 
Reeses Pieces! 




Of course I had to get some orange straws! Another purchase from Shop Sweet Lulu. We threw in a couple orange slices into the water..
Not only did it match our theme...it was delicious! 



I decorated the mantle with candles, a framed invite and some colorful decor!


I used many glass vases from our wedding, including the frame! It was so nice to be able to reuse things!! It saved a lot of money! It has been a very long time since I made a chain link from construction paper :) 


I used the ribbon vases for my Brother's dinner rehearsal last June! It is so easy to simply change up the ribbon! Click over here to so a video for a DIY idea! I originally found this idea from Jessica over at Tying the Knot. It added the perfect amount of color!


We left up some decorations for a couple of days! I just couldn't take it down right away! 
In my next post, I will share pictures of the soon to be Grandparents finding out the gender :) Along with the delicious cupcakes.  It was definitely a good time!



1 comment: